FREEThink: Helping local non-profits tackle some of their toughest marketing challenges in one design-a-thon weekend.
What is FREEThink?
A public service initiative run by the Sacramento Ad Club (SAC, the regional chapter of the national American Advertising Federation, the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association). Help us. Help you. Help others.
Who is involved in FREEThink?
The SAC’s public service board members recruit local Copywriters, Art Directors and Designers from ad agencies to donate their time and talents to fulfill the marketing needs of deserving non-profits. We will form teams with talented peers to help 3 local non-profits tackle some of their marketing issues in single design-a-thon weekend
Saturday May 6th & 7th, 10AM – 4PM
Volunteer and receive!
– OR –
DONATE below and we’ll accept your “sick leave!”
Please contact Christie Piece for purchase firstname.lastname@example.org
***All proceeds go to support FREEThink Non-Profits***
Volunteers! We Need You!
- Creative geniuses: Copywriters, Art Directors and Graphic Designers alike.
- Advertising and Marketing gurus – Account Executives included!
- Or if you just love non-profit work – we’ll figure out how you can help!
Please note: RSVP is required as we will be assigning teams in advance.
We are also accepting donations.
(Get a FREE TEE)
(Get 2 FREE TEES)
About the Non-profits
What Types of Marketing Challenges are Being Considered?
Each non-profit has different marketing needs varying from a logo to promoting an upcoming fundraising event to a full-fledged campaign; we are open to considering any way we can help, although, our focus at this time will be on design services. For reference, the following marketing materials were designed in the previous year:
- Packaging, Label concept and design for store merchandise
- Instructional brochure for merchandise + copywriting
- Flyer to advertise in local magazines
- Tri-fold Brochure concept and design + copywriting
- Logo update/treatment
- Event naming
- Event poster
- Digital banners
- Social skins + Twitter copywriting throughout event
*Please note: non-profits are responsible for producing any materials designed. We wish we could do it all!!
Requirements/Expectations for Non-Profit Applicants (time estimations)
- Must be a Sacramento-based non-profit organization
- Submit an application detailing your marketing needs/Scope of Work: (3) non-profits will be chosen (30min)
- Must sign a ‘Letter of Agreement’ for all services provided
- Provide a Creative Brief for the approved Scope of Work
- Be available on the day of the event to review the Creative Brief with the team/volunteers (1hr)
- Be available on the final day of the event for the team to present the work (1hr)